Placing an order for the first time and need assistance? This article can help.
If you are a new user, you'll first need to create a new account. For a step-by-step guide on registering as a new user, please see the following solution article:
New User Registration
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1: Finding the Right Product
- Section 2: Order Checkout
Section 1: Finding the Right Product
- Navigate to the Community Archives Marketplace (https://marketplace.communityarchives.com) and log in.
- You should be on the dashboard. From here, you can search by unit address OR community name, but unit address is preferred. You'll need to type at least 8 characters to begin the search, but you should avoid entering city, state, and postal code unless there are too many matching addresses.
- After selecting a unit or a community, you'll be taken to the community's marketplace page. If the community has any information shopper's should be aware of, that will appear under the community name in a blue box (see below). Click "View Details" next to a product to navigate to the product details page.
- Carefully review the product name and description to ensure you have selected the correct product before proceeding. Once you're ready to proceed, click "Order Now" to begin the checkout process.
- If you haven't selected an address yet, clicking order now will show you a list of verified units from the community. You must EITHER select a unit from the list OR manually create a new unverified unit. For more information on creating a missing unit, please view the following solution article: Creating a Missing Unit
- Some products may have "Required Documents" that are provided as an FYI OR must be completed and returned prior to order delivery. For more information required documents, please view the following solution article: Required Documents.
Section 2: Order Checkout
Step 1: Information
The first step of order checkout is "Information" and you'll add/edit the following on this step; Properties, Closing Information (where applicable), and Required Information.
- First, you'll review the unit you selected. The vast majority of products only allow selection of one unit, but if your product allows selection of multiple units, you can add/remove properties from this page. If not, the "remove" option will be disabled.
- Next, you'll add/edit Closing Information (where applicable -- some products do not require this). All required fields have a red asterisk next to them.
- If you don't see the Closing Information section, skip ahead to step 3.
- Most of the time, you'll be creating a new closing, however if any other users have placed orders for unconfirmed closings, you'll see an option to "Use Preexisting Closing"
- Finally, you'll provide any additional Required Information in the next section. All required fields have a red asterisk next to them. When you're ready to proceed, click "Next" to move to Step 2: Documents.
*IMPORTANT* If the "Next" button is grayed out, please see below:
1. Do not paste in the Seller or Buyer mailing addresses. You can EITHER search for a valid address and select it from the list OR click "Manually enter address instead."
Step 2: Documents
The second step of order checkout is "Documents" and you'll add/edit the following on this step; Properties, Closing Information (where applicable), and Required Information.
- First, you'll review your "Core Documents." Products will EITHER be a bundle, which means a flat rate for all documents OR a la carte, which means core documents are priced individually and can be removed as needed.
- Next, you'll add any "Add-On Documents" you wish to include by clicking the checkbox to the left of the document. These documents are priced individually and will show as a separate line item on the invoice.
- Finally, if any of your chosen documents require a supporting document (you'll see the "Needs Supporting Document" tag next to them) you'll need to upload your file. Click "Upload," choose the file you wish to use, then click "OK."
- You can also check the "I want to use this document for future orders" if you'd like us to save the document for your company.
- Once you've made your document selections, click "Next" to move to Step 3: Delivery.
Step 3: Delivery
The third step of order checkout is "Delivery" and you'll add/edit the following on this step; Priority, Recipients, and Shipment.
- First, you'll choose your "Priority" option. "Standard" is always free, but choosing "Tier 1" or "Tier 2" will allow you to get your documents sooner, albeit at an additional cost. The turnaround times and prices are visible on this step:
- Next, you'll specify any "Recipients" who should receive a digital copy of the order. You and any company recipients will always be listed, but you can add additional parties here, i.e. the seller and/or buyer. Click "+New Recipient" and enter the email address of the recipient.
- Finally, if the product has Shipment options available, you can click "I would like a hard copy of my order" and specify format, shipping time, and recipient information.
- When you're ready to continue, click "Next" to move to Step 4: Payment.
Step 4: Payment
The fourth step of order checkout is "Payment" and you'll add/edit the following on this step; Payment Method, Payment Timing Option, and Party.
- First, you'll choose your "Payment Method" and you can choose between Check or Credit Card.
Credit card payments carry a 4% convenience fee that will appear as a separate line item on your invoice.
- Next, you'll choose your "Payment Timing Option" and depending on the product settings, available options will include one or more of the following:
- "In Advance" means the payment must be made BEFORE documents are delivered.
- "Net 90" means that payment is due within 90 days of the order being delivered, regardless of closing occuring or not.
- "After Closing" means that payment is due after the closing is confirmed (only).
- Finally, you'll choose your payment party. You can choose to pay for the order yourself or you can choose someone else and send them a payment link. If you choose someone else, enter their email and click "Next" to move on to Step 5: Review.
*IMPORTANT* If you choose "In Advance" and EITHER choose "Check" for payment method OR "Someone Else" for party, your due date will be recalculated based on your priority option and the payment date.
Step 5: Review
The fifth and final step of order checkout is "Review" and you'll confirm your selections from the previous steps and place your order on this step.
- On this step, you'll see a price breakdown based on your selections in the previous steps, and "Estimated Delivery" date, and the option to place your order. Click "Place My Order" to finalize or "Previous" to go back to a previous step.
- After placing your order, you'll be directed to the order confirmation page. This page shows an overview of your order, and contact information for support. You're finished! You can click "View Details" to go to the order details page if you like.
You may also visit our Frequently Asked Questions for additional assistance.