- Section 1: Settings
- Section 2: Users
- Section 3: Documents
- Section 4: Marketplace
- Section 5: Account Management
Section 1: Settings
Step 1: Company Details
First you'll need to provide information about your office. Some of this info will automatically be filled in from your initial registration.
- From the Dashboard, you can either click on 'Settings' on the left-hand side menu bar, or click the green text 'Company Settings' on the right.
- Click 'Edit' by Company Details to provide additional company information.
- Enter any missing required fields marked with a red asterisk (Phone, and Mailing Address) and then be sure to click 'Save'.
Step 2: Company Offices
- Click the green text 'Main Office', and then click 'Edit' to add your physical payment address. You may also add an additional phone number or email address in this section as well. Be sure to click 'Save' when finished.
- Click to expand the 'Main Office Schedule'. Here you can set your Time Zone, Office Hours, and import or add Holidays.
Your office hours and Holiday settings will directly impact how document order delivery estimates and due dates will be calculated.
3. If you have multiple offices and wish to add them, you can go back to the settings page and click 'Add Office' and then repeat the same steps as above.
Step 2: Default Closing Fees
Default closing fees are any fees that are to be collected at the time of closing and are separate from the order processing fees. If there are any default fees that will apply, (transfer fees, set up fees, etc.) those can be set up at the company level and then further customized at the community level if needed. Fee labels can also be set up in this section as well.
- From the 'Settings' tab, click to expand the 'Closing Fees' section.
- Click the pencil icon on the right side to make any edits to the amounts or label. Different fees can be set for different sale types if needed. Don't forget to click 'Save' once you are done.
Section 2: Users
If you skipped this step during your initial registration or need to add additional users from your company, this section will explain how to add your company users and the roles they will fulfill.
Step 1: User Management
- Use the link above, or click on the 'Users' tab from the menu bar. From there you will see any users that have already been added to your company, their current role, as well as their registration status.
- Click the 'Add user' button on the right side and enter the user's first name, last name, email address, and set their role. Click to expand and view the description of each user role to help you decide.
For more details on how to manage existing users, please refer to our solution article Managing Users.
Section 3: Add Communities
Before you can fully set up your Marketplace, there needs to be at least one Community added for each State and Community type (Condo or HOA) that is part of your management portfolio.
Section 4: Marketplace
Step 1: Company Products
After you have added at least one Community for each of your Jurisdictions and Community types, your company products will populate and then you can start customizing at the Company level. Additional customizations can be done later at the Community level if needed.
Understanding the Product Hierarchy:
Jurisdiction: These are the default product settings at the State level and will affect any product types at the Company levels. These have already been established in the system.
Company: These are the default product settings for your Company and can be customized from the State level defaults, as long as customizations do not violate statutory requirements. Any changes made will affect products at the Community level that have not already been customized.
Community: Products may be customized by Community, as long as as customizations do not violate Statutory requirements. Changes will only affect the singular Community.
- Start by clicking the link above or expand the Marketplace on the menu and click on 'Products'. Each product name will show the Jurisdiction and Community type for which the product will be available. Click the product name to start customizing.
- Hover over the Actions button on the right side and select 'Edit Product'.
- Definitions: You may edit any of the default information such as the Product Name, Description, allowing update orders, the number of updates per original order, and the update window.
- Order Documents: Skip the receivable documents section for now - that can be customized at the Community level later. Core documents are the documents that will automatically be included in your product. Here you can add or remove core documents*, set your pricing, mark documents as requiring approval, determine what document(s) will be included in update orders, and set update order pricing.*Certain documents are required to be included per State statutes. The system is designed to ensure that no statutes are violated during product set ups and any changes made that would violate a statute will not be saved. This also includes pricing (fee caps), and shipping/payment timing options. The below message will appear if one of your customizations violates a statue.
- Shipment Options, Shipping Times, and Payment Timing Options: Set your shipment options such as Paper Copy, or USB Flash Drive, which can be sent via Priority Mail, FedEx Ground, or FedEx Priority Overnight. All shipping options are in addition to the shopper receiving a digital copy of their documents via Email. Community Archives will handle any order shipments to the shopper. Payment timings can be set here as well to enable/disable different timing options.
- Priority Options: Set your delivery times here. This is the timeframe in which shoppers will expect to receive their orders. Choose between Calendar and Business days*, and set the pricing for each tier you'd like to offer for both original and update orders. The cost listed for priority service will be in addition to the regular product price.*Local statutes may determine if delivery times are to be calculated by Calendar or Business days. Some settings may not be able to be changed.
- Scroll back up to the top of the page to save any changes. Hover over the 'Actions' button and select 'activate product', or you may activate directly from the products page.
- Repeat for each product that you will be offering at the Company level. As you customize products, you will see a red "C" appear in the customized column.
Section 5: Account Management
This section will explain how to set up your billing and payment information as well as manage your subscriptions and service tiers for your Communities.
Step 1: Billing
- Click the link above or navigate to Account Management>Billing from the menu bar
- Click 'Update Payment' to add a credit card to keep on file
Step 2: Subscription
- Click the link above or select Account Management>Subscription from the menu bar.
- Click 'Edit' to select the Service Tier from the dropdown list for each Community. As you edit and save your service tier selections, your monthly estimated total will update.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please reach out to Community Archives Client support at Clientsupport@communityarchives.com.