Follow the steps below to add a new Community if integration is unavailable for your Accounting system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Adding a Community
- Step 2: Update Service Tier
- Step 3: Load Content
- Step 3: Stage for Marketplace
Step 1: Adding a Community
- From the Dashboard, click on the 'Communities' tab on the left side and then click 'Add Community'. Provide the following information:
- Incorporation Type*
- Jurisdiction (City)
- Servicing Office (optional for initial set up, but will be required before orders may be placed on the Marketplace)
- Address** *If your jurisdiction has varying requirements per Statute based on the Community type, the incorporation type will determine which products will be available to activate for shopping. **For the Community Address, if there is no common area address, then use one of the unit addresses.
If you are only adding a Community so you can finish your Company set up, stop here and go back to the solution article: Setting Up Your Company. You can finish the Community set up later.
Step 2: Update Service Tier
- From the Account Management tab, click on Subscription to select the Service Tier for the Community.
Step 3: Load Content
- From the Communities tab, click on the Community name in green text to go to the Community dashboard. This is where you will review the checklist to get your Community ready to stage for the Marketplace.
- Start by adding the Marketplace notes, if any. These are notes you want the shopper to see about the Community when they start placing their order. An example of a Marketplace note would be: Please note that this Community is a Master Association and additional documents will also need to be obtained for the sub association, Sample Townhome Association. If you do not have any Marketplace notes, you can skip this step.
- Closing Fees: If you have previously entered any default closing fees at the company level, they automatically will carry over to any new Community added. If you need to customize or add additional fees, click the green text "Closing Fees" to be taken to settings. Edit any fees or labels as needed. If a fee or label is changed from the original company default, there will be a visual indicator.
- Add Assessments: Enter the Min/Max Assessment amount, frequency, (1 = monthly, 3 = quarterly, 6 = semiannual, 12 = annual) due date, late date, and late fee information (optional)
- Activate Products: Determine which products you will offer on the Marketplace. Click on each product name to view the product setup, add preparation instructions, and activate for shopping.
- Upload Documents: You will see a list of documents to upload after activating products. Click "Add New Document" to begin uploading. Select the document type, effective date*, and update frequency*. *These are important to set correctly the first time, as these settings will determine document expiration dates.
- Answer Questions: Click "Edit" to begin answering Community questions. This information will be used to generate the dynamic documents in your products
- Add Units: Adding units to your Community will make it easier for your shoppers to place orders only for valid units within a Community, and will make order preparation easier and faster. The units in your Community can be added individually by a Client user, or in bulk by the Community Archives Client Support Team. To add units individually, click "Add New Unit" and begin typing the address. Be sure to select from the dropdown list to utilize the built in USPS search tool. To add units in bulk, please send an excel file containing the addresses to email@example.com.
- Set up Notifications: Notifications can be set up for the following users: Inspectors, Preparers, Contributors, and Closings. See more information in our Community Notifications article.
Step 3: Stage for Marketplace
- When you are ready to make your Community shoppable on the Marketplace, from the Dashboard, click "Actions" and then "Stage for Marketplace". The Community Archives Client Support Team will review the information submitted and publish your Community to the Marketplace.