Purpose and Functions
Community Archives is an online document and information management system used to fulfill document requests for Real Estate Professionals. It is broken down into three main segments: Shopper use, Client use, and Management use. Shoppers will select and order document packages from the Marketplace to satisfy requirements for Resale and Refinance transactions. Clients are Community Association Management Companies, or in some cases self managed Communities that can easily keep track of and update their Community information and documents. Users on the Management side are those that work in the system to prepare and fulfill orders.
CA Staff (Management App): The Community Archives staff uses what is referred to as the management app to work within the system. This includes:
- Preparers, who are responsible for the preparation of the individual document orders for Premium and Enterprise Clients
- Customer Service Reps who assist shoppers with questions related to their orders for Premium and Enterprise Clients
- Administrative and Operations team members
Clients (Client Portal): Clients utilize the client portal to view orders, update Community information and documents, as well as complete inspections. Standard clients will also prepare orders for their Communities. Users within the client portal will be one of the following:
- Contributors, who are assigned to specific communities and are responsible for providing required community information and documents
- Inspectors are those that complete covenants compliance inspections (CCIs) and upload the information in the system when an order requires an inspection to be completed
- Reviewers will review and approve orders if applicable for the Community
- Preparers (Standard Clients only) will prepare document orders
Shoppers (Marketplace): Anyone that will be requesting documents from the system is referred to as a shopper and will use the Marketplace app. This will be any sort of Real Estate Professional, or an individual Homeowner. Shoppers can join shopping companies which allows visibility to company team members of all orders placed to manage their document orders.
The dashboard is the initial location when you log in. Here you will be able to see recent orders placed for your company.
The Communities tab will list all communities set up under your company and show the Community Type (Single Family, Condo, Townhome, etc.) as well as its Marketplace status.
Begin typing a community name in the search bar to locate, or filter by Marketplace status.
Click on the Community name to be brought to the community dashboard page. Each tab allows you to complete different functions at the community level:
- Documents: View current documents as well as upload missing and/or updated documents
- Products: View active products
- Units: View units that have integrated from your accounting software (if supported)
- Inspections: View completed and pending inspections
- Orders: View and access all orders placed
- Questionnaire: View and edit community questionnaire information
- Requested Information: View pending information requests
- Settings: View and edit basic community level settings and fees (Company Admins only)
- Details: View and edit community details (Name, Jurisdiction, Incorporation Type, etc.)
- Closing Fees: View and edit fees due to management and community.
- Assessments: View and edit regular assessments and special assessments
- Settings: View and edit community setup
- Comments: View and add important community comments
This section can be used to view and upload updated documents in the system. This won't be widely used as most clients navigate to the community first to upload documents.
This tab will allow users to search all inspections. Searches can be narrowed by:
- Community Name
- Unit Address
- Order Number
- Inspection Status
- Due At
- Created At
- My Communities
The orders tab will allow users to search all orders ever placed. Searches can be narrowed by:
- Order number (most effective)
- Property/Unit address
- Community Name
- Product Type
Once an order is located, click on the property address to open the order. There will be a series of tabs at the top:
- Summary: View order comments, action history, and payment information
- Preparation: View the closing information and prepared documents for the order
- Review: Review all documents contained within the order
- Information: View additional order information such as title company or Attorney info
When an order is placed for any kind of resale document, a closing is automatically created in the system. The closing will contain the basic information related to the sale such as:
- Unit Address
- Owner/Seller Name & contact info
- Buyer Name & contact info
- Expected date of closing
- Sales Price
- Occupancy information
- A link to the Closing Fee invoice
The closing section will keep record of all document orders placed related to the particular closing that was created and will also allow the shopper, the client, or CA staff member to confirm or cancel a closing in the system.
View all users registered under your company.
View the notification settings for your client for the Inspectors, Reviewers, and Contributors under each Community
This section will allow users to pull reports related to orders, revenue, and collections.
The marketplace tab will allow a user to access and view several areas of the system.
- Products: Set up of all products available for your Company:
- Schedule: Office hours and schedules for the preparing office will determine order due dates. Due dates are calculated to take into account any/all holiday office closures and hours of operation.
- Customers: View all shoppers and shopping companies
- Invoices: View all invoices generated in the system. Search and filter by Invoice Number, Customer Name, Invoice Type (Processing or Closing), and status.
- Clicking on an invoice will allow you to view payment details, balances due, generate a pdf copy of the invoice itself, as well as view the document order from which it was created.